Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Mother Blessing

"You have been my friend,"
replied Charlotte.
"That in itself
is a tremendous thing."
-E.B.White

Amazing friends and family are interchangeable.  It's hard to tell the two apart at times.  I've been blessed with friends and family who support me, love me and choose to honour me (and the monster who is about to make its entrance to this world) with good thoughts, prayers, wishes and meditation, all part of a ceremony called a "Mother Blessing".  

As part of the ceremony, each person brought or sent a bead.  This is quite the beaut of a necklace sporting everything from Snoopy to Tiger's Eye, plastic baubles, shells from India and semi-precious stones of different meanings.  It will be close by when I go into labour as a reminder of all those who are part of my web of support (à la Charlotte).



The dress, by the way, comes from my 10-year-old Indian salesman.  Little did I realize it was zeroing right in on the reason for the ceremony.  Mom, Darce and Amanda were none-too-slow to recognize this.  Steve just called me gorgeous.  Truth prevails in both cases.

No comments:

Post a Comment