Saturday, February 18, 2012

so what have you been up to?

Baby, cooking, baking, reading, researching, meetings, visiting, packing, planning, scheming...

And when my brain is on overdrive and I'm frazzled and full of tics; skiing.

Cause I get to the point where I need to get out of the house, get away from others, get out of my head and just BE.  Physically and mentally zoning out.  Ommmmmmmmm.


Cheesy, sure, but partway through that ski, the rhythm takes over and the only things I am aware of are


the push of my ski against the snow
crunch and glide underfoot
the shift of my weight
side to another
body, tired and warm
hot breath dampens cold cheeks and lips
sky blue, grey, ground white
shadows streak, jackpines knot
wobble
thrill
I speed down the hill


Saturday night poetry thanks to Copper Moon and Sleeping Girl.


1 comment: