Saturday, February 19, 2011

Seraphim or nephilim

There's a monster growing within me.

It is covered in lanugo, a fine, downy hair to keep it warm.  Or is that gone now?  It has translucent skin.  The (pregnancy) Bible tells me so.  17 weeks means a skinny little thing with translucent skin.  Seraphim or nephilim taken up residence.

Not only that, but it's hungry.  Hungry like a harpy and just as loud.  Wild lion rrroowwww!  For three bowls of Cheerios at three in the morning when I can not sleep.  And peanut butter on stoned-wheat thins by the half-pack.  Chocolate before breakfast and pickles before supper.  Bowl after bowl of popcorn at the meat draw.

Beautiful monster.  It's true, you are starting to be able to tell that it's there.  Especially if you get to see me naked all the time (Steve).  Or if I'm prancing around in long underwear.  Or if I'm wearing that beautiful new short sweater from India (really, United Colors of Benetton) that should not be worn with rolls and folds.  Goodbye beautiful new sweater.  See you next year.

I will share a picture as soon as I get an Internet-appropriate version.

No comments:

Post a Comment